.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

November 22, 2005

Day 127: Longbranch Salsa Rio Verde

Full name: "Longbranch Trading Co. Gourmet Sauce - Salsa Rio Verde - Salsa Verde 5 Pepper Blend"

From Long Beach, California comes Longbranch Trading Company. Named after a grandparent's General Store, Curt & Pam Worthy recently started making commercial sauces for the same reason almost everyone else does: Friends and family kept yammering for more. Well, my momma told me I was good looking, and that was a damn lie. And we've all seen the disasters on American Idol where people were incorrectly told by friends that they had voices like angels.

So how did they do?

At their first competition, 3 of their sauces won a total of 4 awards. I remember back when they first announced it. I remember thinking what a great maiden voyage it was, to win 4 awards at Zest Fest! However, today I figured out that the competition was actually Zesty Best. Not Zest Fest. Big difference. Like winning a high school football game vs. the Super Bowl.

And of course when I grabbed the closest Longbranch hot sauce for lunch, I grabbed the only one that had not won any award.

The sauce smells pungent & fresh, with lots of lime. Although I wouldn't call it a thick sauce, I was surprised how thick it was considering the first two ingredients were liquid. The rest must have been some high quality pepper mash.

The flavor didn't sit well with me at all. Made my tacos taste pretty bad. The main problem for me is simply the vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar, to be precise. I don't think I've ever had a sauce with Apple Cider Vinegar that I liked. It's just an overpowering flavor, and a flavor I don't like. Sadly, it looks like most of the Longbranch sauces have that as the main ingredient.

I'm pretty sure this is different strokes for different folks. There has certainly been some positive reviews for this sauce. One even took delight in the Apple Cider Vinegar ingredient. Yech!!

Also, the creator of this sauce has mentioned that it goes great with pork chops. Sadly, none were available to me today.

I'm still looking forward to the other three. It can only go up from here. Plus, I like a challenge. At least one of the others is suppose to be a lot hotter.

Bottoms Up!
Some how this sauce seemed to get thicker and get stuck while going down my throat. While it was camping there, it had plenty of time to start burning my esophagus.

Liquid Plumber cleaning a sink drain did come to mind.

Green, harsh, and pretty hot.

Salsa Verde 5 Pepper Blend. This Blend of Fresh Serrano, Dry Serrano, Jalapeno, Habanero and Roasted Green Peppers give this sauce a lively flavor that explodes on your taste buds and keeps them warm and happy."


Other Longbranch sauces:
Longbranch Trading Co. - Longbranch Original
Longbranch Trading Co. - Dorsey's Reserve
Longbranch Trading Co. - Hot Blonde

Tomorrow: Louisiana The Perfect Jalapeno

Topics:

3 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure this is different strokes for different folks. There has certainly been some positive reviews for this sauce.

    By Anonymous Salad Dressing Brand, at 1:34 AM, February 22, 2013  

  • The place to shop for capsiplex is at its bourgeois store or through its stockists. you'll additionally get directly from its producers. it's more cost-effective to get from its producers. the explanation is as a result of the value capsiplex producers sell a bottle is totally different from the value retailers Acai Berry sell.

    Another smart advantage of shopping for capsiplex through its producers is that you simply are going to be positive you're obtaining the initial capsiplex which can work for you to shed up to 280 calories. people that wish to get capsiplex do thus victimization mastercard, however there ar different choices that you'll use if you are doing not have a mastercard. it's through the employment of cheque. it's rare to search out capsiplex in associate offline store.

    Local health stores close to your space might not carry the Penis Pump initial whole of capsiplex. Your best means that to get capsiplex for the most effective worth is to form use of a mastercard and place your order on-line. once you do thus you'll got to relax within the comfort of your home for it to urge to your home.

    Capsiplex is shipped from UK once you purchase from its manufacturer's store. If you keep within the UK, it'll not take time to succeed in your home. it'll sometimes reach the address you used for shipping inside five days. you'll choose traveller delivery if you wish it garcina cambogia delivered to your home as shortly as attainable. this is often smart for persons that live outside the united kingdom.

    By Blogger yehow ram, at 11:07 PM, March 06, 2013  

  • Someone asked me this question over the weekend and I must have really raised an eyebrow or something, because the person went on to Do You Know About Yacon Syrup? say she really just wanted to have the BEST wedding possible and how do you go about getting it?Someone asked me this question over the weekend and I must have really raised an eyebrow or something, because the person went on to say she really just wanted to have the BEST wedding possible and how do you go about getting it?

    By Blogger achil faizy, at 1:09 AM, February 17, 2014  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home