.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

November 19, 2005

Day 124: El Yucateco Jalapeno

Raunchy.
This is a good, raunchy, jalapeno flavored hot sauce. It's like the uncle that tells racist jokes at Thanksgiving. The freaky ex-girlfriend with armpit hair. A dirty joke whispered at church. The heat level is surprising. The taste is a collision of pissed off ingredients.

It's a mean little fucker hiding behind a cute label, that's for sure. Whoever cooked this up probably watched their dog die that day. Most brands that sell many flavors use the jalapeno sauce as their wimpy sauce. Not this one. I have no doubts that this bottle sits in the back of many cupboards. A weekly reminder of their one failed excursion away from their normal Frank's Red Hot and Tabasco.

True hot sauce lovers should find this sauce enjoyable, with plenty of uses.

The food coloring is a little off putting. Does a crayola-green color sell better than other off-greens?

Eating a bottle of hot sauce a day has been getting easier. Today I finished most of the sauce during breakfast.
*FLEXES*

What to do for the rest of the day??

Bottoms Up!
I grew a couple chest hairs right on the spot. Drinking this stuff straight gave me double vision for a few seconds. My throat was stripped raw. I'm still talking like Barry White. Woah.

The first, the last, my everything
And the answer to all my dreams
You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star
My kind of wonderful, that's what you are."


Tomorrow: Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce

Topics: ,

4 Comments:

  • Green,Red,and Chipotle are the only ones I can find at our local stores. I live in the Bay Area in Rodeo. Richmond Ca. has a ton of Mexican markets and I have been to them all.They must only release these products in certain markets. It is not worth mail ordering them. I hope we can get these products.

    By Blogger chilebrown, at 5:07 PM, December 09, 2005  

  • Holy Shit Balls!

    That green looks like that famous huge Mayan sinkhole in Mexico with that mysterious green water...I saw in last night on the History Channel.
    http://www.isourcecom.com/maya/cities/chichenitza/cenoteside.htm
    ~Greg
    812green

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM, December 09, 2005  

  • Whoops!

    Sorry for that lame link... try here.

    ~Greg
    812green

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM, December 09, 2005  

  • Nice picture, Greg.
    They do look the same. ;)

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 10:46 PM, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home