.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

October 25, 2005

Day 99: Tabasco Chipotle

Full Name: "McIlhenny Co. Tabasco Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce"

To be honest, I was up pretty late last night and had a post-midnight snack. I thought to myself, "Hey, today is tomorrow!" I can open a new hot sauce and get a head start on it.

Even though this sauce was picked because I thought it would be a tough one to finish, it's not because it's a bad sauce, just a different kind of sauce that would be tough to have so much of. Starting at midnight gave me the confidence to finish it off in 24 hours.

For lunch I had spaghetti and meatballs, which is one of the all-time best foods to have any hot sauce soak into. You can just see it disappear between the noodles and sink into oblivion, requiring even more sauce.

You know, I've had a hell of a lot of chipotle sauces lately. I know it's the new black, but come on, it's not that great is it? I used to really despise the flavor of most chipotle sauces, including this one. However, I think I'm being trained now to neutrally accept them. Even so, I never really felt like this Tabasco sauce was a directly consumable sauce. It just didn't go with foods the right way. So it wasn't with too much surprise that I see this article today explaining how he followed the instructions and used the sauce as a marinade. As suggested. I bet you were the teacher's pet, weren't you?

Ok, so I didn't marinade any of my food with this, although a casual observer may have thought that's what I was doing as I poured most of the bottle on my food.

This egg sandwich now has some chipotle soaking deep into the bread. I didn't have too much left over for supper, so this was an easy meal. I definitely made sure I had nothing left for a shot. That would have been too much to handle.

This sauce did nothing for my meals. It did attract itself well to the meatballs, though.


Tomorrow: Bat's Brew

Topics: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home