.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

October 18, 2005

Day 91: Bulliard's Louisiana

Full Name: "Bulliard's Louisiana Supreme Hot Sauce"

I first found this sauce years ago in a Dollar Store, and it wasn't even a dollar. It's cheap, cheap, cheap. It's so cheap that it doesn't bother me that this is probably just a relabeled red vinegar sauce.

This particular bottle was given to me by a coworker that I don't even really know. She whizzed by, stopping at my desk, and said, "I don't know if you have this sauce yet, but someone I know gave me this sauce and blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah!"

I felt like introducing her to Decaf coffee, but instead said, "Thank you so much."

Although I've had this sauce before, and it was sitting just a few feet from me in my display, I had not had this yet in the Tour de Force. But why oh why can't someone give me a $10 hot sauce instead of a 79 cent hot sauce. Oh well, I'm still ahead.

I poured most of this sauce in a bowl of clam chowder. It did the job. Without a name brand celebrity dumbass on the label, it did the job just fine, and without the celebrity's $4 price tag.

Tomorrow: Tabasco Green Pepper

Topics: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home