.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

October 02, 2005

Day 76: Art Of Chipotle - Sweet Heat

Full Name: The Art Of Chipotle Sweet Heat Addiction"

Jeez! You don't want to go to this site with your speakers on. You'll blow out your ear drums!

Other than that, it's a pretty normal site where you can read about their history, products, and their phun name: Pfleider Phoods. The only other bizarre thing on their web site is they like to sell in 3-paks. This is a slight problem for someone who has 4 different sauces for sale. Thus, they have all 5 combinations possible of different 3-paks. Why they don't sell a 4-pak of all their sauces is beyond me. Sure, you can buy each one separately (but of course in 3's) so if you want to try them all... you need to buy 12. Confused? Well, just buy it from another vendor who isn't obsessed with the number 3.

Luckily, I was able to find this bottle on a local shelf!

And what a huge, monstrous bottle it is. A full 14 ounces. It also has a very wide neck & opening. I presume for faster chugging.

Which is about what I had to do to finish it in one day. Lucky for me, it was a sweet, pleasant sauce I didn't mind drowning my food with.

For breakfast I had eggs, or what I presume were eggs. Hard to tell behind all the thick, sweet goo on my plate. To be honest, I finished most of the bottle then and there, and simply had to finish the rest up on some hot dogs during lunch.

It's an extremely sweet sauce without much heat. The flavor is very odd. But an interesting odd. I'd have to say that their old name, "Schizophrenic Chipotle", really sums up the confusing unique flavor. As if it doesn't know what it is.

Although interesting, it's not my cup of tea.


The color and consistency is pleasing to look at. The thickness borders on a marinade, and considering how sweet it is, would make a killer coating to BBQ chicken with.

I'm curious if Pfleider Phoods have met Phamous Phloyd's?

Other big flavors:
Art of Chipotle - Smokey Red Sensation
Art of Chipotle - Crazzberry Fiesta
Art of Chipotle - Fresh Cream Indulgence

Tomorrow: Original Louisiana Habanero

Topics: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home