.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

October 30, 2005

Day 104: Panola 10 Point Hot Sauce

"Panola 10 Point Hot Sauce is made much like our Gourmet Pepper Sauce, but has some different seasonings. It is specially blended for the outdoorsman - big game meat or grilled burgers - watch out! It's easy to indulge."

Watch out is right, you crazy mountain men. If only I had this sauce last week, I could have tried it out on the 2 grizzlies, 3 elk, and 7 mountain lions I shot. Better luck next time, I guess.

I was half expecting "Blood of the deer" to be one of the ingredients.

Add to all this the fact this comes in a plastic bottle. Plastic. There aren't many hot sauces out there that come in plastic. Needless to say, I had extremely low expectations. Toxic expectations.

With my last will and testament updated, I cracked open the tiny plastic heat shrink and started shaking out the sauce onto my pot roast.

It was good. Real good. Well, it was better than dying. This is a super runny sauce that comes out black. It's flavor reminds me of a cross between Worchester Sauce, Soy Sauce, and a ton of spices that make it something a little more unique. I wouldn't say there's much heat here at all, but the bold flavor will keep your tongue busy. I also read online that the reason it comes in plastic bottles is so that it won't break like a glass bottle might for those active people hunting or hiking outside.

I guess I stand corrected. The company's description for this sauce matched the contents perfectly and accurately. I give this the Underdog Award. Now we can evil kill and eat that dog, and use this sauce on it.

Bottoms Up!
I was pretty hesitant to drink so much of this at once. However, even the shot didn't taste bad at all. It was tangy, sweet, and went down just fine. It's definitely a unique flavor. I'm not really sure if it qualifies as a hot sauce yet, but I survived!

While looking for this online, I found that they do make a bottled version. However, look at that color. Either we have fake pictures on their site, or we're dealing with a whole different recipe.


Tomorrow: Boulder - Smokey Serrano

Topics:

3 Comments:

  • I just went back and read some of your archive, (loved the altoids challenge) and have been reading your blog off an on for quite a while. I saw that you've had the melinda's but couldn't find the xxxtra hot pepper sauce.. have you tried that? Is it as hot as I'd imagine?

    The hottest sauce i had was Santova or Saintoya or something like that, habanero based and largely inedible in my wimpy opinion. I just went looking for it on the web but couldn't find it, so i've probably got the spelling wrong.

    Anyway, I enjoy your blog. Rock on!

    the idiot.

    By Blogger The Village Idiot, at 2:46 PM, October 31, 2005  

  • Maybe you're thinking of Sontava? I tried that one on Day 78. Maybe you'll recognize the picture.

    I didn't think it was terribly hot, but enjoyed it a lot. Also found out that there might be a hotter version, which could be the one you tried!

    I've got the Melinda's XXXXtra Reserve bottle to try soon. I've had it once before and thought it above average in heat, but not hot. I guess Melinda's is known for taste, instead of heat.

    Thanks for reading!

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 7:53 PM, October 31, 2005  

  • Not all are true. Everyone has their own way of thinking but I think they have to reconsider. I like to argue for the most accurate results.
    http://fivenightsatfreddysplay.com

    By Blogger Love Kpop, at 8:01 PM, August 27, 2017  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home