.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

October 30, 2005

Day 103: Dan-T's Cayenne

Full name: "Dan T's Inferno Spiced Cayenne Pepper Sauce"

From Mississauga, Ontario, comes Dan Taylor and his Dan T's Inferno Hot Sauces. What a great name. Not only was he able to use his own name, but able to base it off of Dante's Inferno, a subtlety that surprisingly was not lost on me.

A thick, brownish red sauce. It has a unique smell and flavor, but not very bold. It'll mix in well with most foods. My biggest problem is that I'm not a huge cayenne fan. And unlike the name infers, there was no inferno going on in my mouth or stomach. There was absolutely no heat in this sauce, making me wonder what to do with it. I'm sure a sauce this big (8 ounces) is screaming to be used as a marinade or grilling, but to be honest, I'd rather use my tried and true BBQ sauce for that instead.

It was just too bland.

Bottoms Up!
I was a little afraid to drink this straight. I figured it might have an empty, raw flavor to it. However, it tasted just fine. A little bland. Well, a lot bland. Sorry, but this sauce just doesn't do anything for me.

It revokes no response.


For any of you hard core collectors out there, you can find some French labeled sauces, thanks to Quebec.

Other sauces from the Inferno....
Dan T's Whitehot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Dan T's Smoked Cayenne Chipotle
Dan T's Spiced Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Dan T's Dark Soy Pepper (a.k.a. Asian Cayenne?)
Dan T's Balsamic Herb Marinade
Dan T's Three Pepper Grilling Sauce
Dan T's Honey Mustard Sauce
Dan T's Mustard Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Dan T's Peanut Soy
Dan T's Raspberry Chipotle Grilling Sauce

Tomorrow: Panola 10 Point Hot Sauce

Topics: ,

3 Comments:

  • I'm from St. Louis and I've enjoyed Dan T's products and use to find them at Sam's club, but can not find them anywhere in St. Louis anymore. What St. Louis stores carry them?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM, December 19, 2007  

  • I'm from Idaho and just went back to Sam's club to stock up on my Dan T's inferno sauce.....no longer here either. Where can I find it? It makes the best noodle stir fry!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 AM, November 14, 2009  

  • I don't know how you can say, "There was absolutely no heat in this sauce."

    Have you tried the one that says, "Excruciating" on the label? It Is Crazy HOT! I marinated a steak in this and after cooking if for a few minutes it was like someone pepper-sprayed the house!

    I can't seem to find it anymore... but I love it.

    D.Frostt

    By Blogger Dee, at 8:08 AM, April 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home