.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 25, 2005

Day 67: Uncle Dougie's Cayenne Sauce

The last of Uncle Dougie's hot sauces.

I'm amazed by where I'm starting to see Uncle Dougie products popping up. There must be some serious distribution going on here. And for labels that are quite underwhelming, it seems to be doing well.

This sauce was probably the most boring of the three. If I had this one first, I would definitely cry re-labeling on the company. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

This sauce was a typical red vinegar sauce, except that it had lots of red spots in it. In other words, it wasn't a perfectly red coolaid mix, it seemed to have a bit more in it. Or just not as well mixed. Fine with me. I have nothing exciting to say about the flavor of the sauce, since it still tasted like red vinegar. However, I happened to have it with the PERFECT lunch.

Grilled Reuben sandwich at Culver's. I hardly ever have this kind of sandwich, since I'm not a corned beef fan, but I wanted something different today while out on the road. I don't know if it was the sauerkraut in the sandwich that went great with the vinegar, but it BEGGED for more of this sauce. It was an excellent treat, and I'll have to add it to my repertoire against vinegars sauces.

Without a doubt, today’s lunch carried the sauce, instead of the other way around.

Tomorrow: Captain Thom's Dia De Los Muertos

Topics:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home