.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 17, 2005

Day 61: Karibbean Flavor Pepper Sauce

Full Title: Karibbean Flavor Vintage West Indian Pepper Sauce"

I got this from my uncle & aunt from their vacation in the Caribbean. I thanked them kindly, but pretty much blew off the sauce as tourist trap crap. It had a limp yellow color, and I had just had a couple boring sauces in a row before that. This sat in the box in the basement for quite a few weeks. However, just like every one else in the world that eats a bottle of hot sauce every day, I eventually started to run out of choices, and decided to give it a try.

Boy was I surprised.

Hot as hell! I poured most of the bottle in my spaghetti, and it lit my mouth on fire! I was definitely sweating through the whole meal. We even had company over, and I had to play it cool. (Basically venting air in and out the side of my mouth)

This has the tell tale smell of almost pure scotch bonnet peppers. And if you've ever been man or woman enough to try this type of sauce, you know exactly what smell I'm talking about. My brain shuts down just smelling it. It cringes, and my throat tightens in a pre-heartburn reflex.

Yes, I loved this sauce a hell of a lot!

"Karibbean Flavours" is sold and exported by Ravi Sakar from RHS Marketing Ltd. Unfortunately their site is indefinitely "down" for upgrades, otherwise I could find out if they sell any other sauces. They're located in Trinidad. Lucky bastards

Bottoms Up!
Shot: Not as hot as I thought it would be from what I had experienced earlier during supper. However, no mistake, this stuff has fresh habanero flavor and heat to back it up. It's still burning a small hole in my stomach. Luckily my mouth isn't raging on fire or I'd have to eat my words.


Tomorrow: Mezzetta

Topics:

2 Comments:

  • Ever try any of Matouks sauces from Trinidad. Even the stuff they say is mild really brings the heat. And the Flambeau sauce...watch out!

    The cool thing is that it's dirt cheap and comes in a generous 10 oz. bottle.

    By Anonymous Chuk Hell, at 9:55 PM, September 30, 2005  

  • Sure have. If I remember correctly, I really liked it a lot, and thought it was hot. Not as hot as this one though.

    The one I had was "Salsa Picante". Am keeping an eye open on getting it again and the Falmeau one!

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 1:56 PM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home