.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 08, 2005

Day 52: Sylvia's Kicking Hot

Proving yet against that if you put your face on your hot sauce label, it sucks ass.

At least this sauce has the piqauncy of vinegar that even Texas Pete didn't have. In other words, this is just as normally bad as all the other vinegar sauces out there, and Texas Pete's was worse.

Sylvia's Restaurant is located in Harlem, New York. It looks like they also sell bath & beauty products. Like one. Amway meets relabeling I guess. The pictures of her products on her web site are also fake, as you can tell the labels are copy-pasted on each product. Actually, I'm sure that they probably just wanted to put condiments on their tables just like Ditka's Restaurant. What I want to know is how the hell this sauce got carried all the way to my local grocery store in the Midwest!

The saddest thing is that I'm still typing about this product. I need to pull the plug!

Bottoms Up!
Still mentally queasy every time I get ready to drink a shot of hot sauce. Luckily this was just a normal shot of vinegar. Probably came from the same mysterious plant that made the other 10 red vinegar sauces I've had. ZZZZzzzz.


I guess there’s more. The Triple Strength is suppose to be 3 times as hot. Three times zero is still zero, but might be worth picking up if I ever see it. (And I won’t)

Sylvia’s Original Sauce (Mild & Tangy)
Sylvia’s Original Sauce (Hot & Sassy)
Sylvia’s Triple Strength Hot Sauce

Tomorrow: D.L Jardine’s Blazin’ Saddle

Topics: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home