.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 08, 2005

Day 51: Texas Pete's

Texas Pete is owned by T.W. Garner Food Company. On their site you can find a few other items by them, such a BBQ sauce, mustard, Worchester sauce, chili, jellies, and lots of gear.

You can also pick this stuff up in individual ketchup packet size, 1.9 ounces, 3 ounces, 6 ounces, 12 ounces, ½ gallon, and gallon size.

The only other “hot” sauce they make is Texas Pete Green Pepper Sauce, which is nothing more than a bottle of little green chiles soaking in vinegar. Yuck. I won’t be getting any of that any time soon. I’d probably have to eat the peppers to qualify it as quaffed.

After throwing up on Blair’s After Death Sauce, it was a relief to go with a weak red vinegar sauce. However, I this sauce is especially weak, and wasn’t very good.

Yes, I’m crazy. Drinking a shot only 15 hours after throwing up the last one… I’m just glad my stomach has settled since then.

This sauce tasted a little sour to me. I'm not impressed. Anyone who claims this as their 'favorite' is in love with the little red cowboy on the logo, or just extremely lazy. Maybe they like weak hot sauces, in which case may I suggest a raw tomato shoved down your throat?


Tomorrow: One more weak one.

Topics: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home