.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 07, 2005

Day 50: Gourmet Table Hot Sauce

Well, hopefully it's no surprise that I take it down a few hundred notches and go with the wimpiest red vinegar sauce I can find.

The flavor of this sauce is just like every other red vinegar sauce out there. Possibly even made by the same few companies. But I welcome it today. My stomach and throat are still a little sore today, so no sharp objects.

Gourmet Table is one of the brands owned by PFG, Performance Food Groups. They carry a wide variety of crap from other brands I haven't heard of: Pocahontas, Raffinato, Brilliance, Village Gardens, West Creek, and Heritage Farms Bakery.

The logo for Gourmet Table is about as boring as it gets, and is also sported on Gourmet Ketchup, Gourmet Mustard, and Gourmet Steak Sauce. The cool thing about this hot sauce bottle is that it cost 90 cents! You can't beat that with a stick. I found it over Labor Day Weekend when I was out of town and at a friend's favorite corner market butcher shop. A nice find in today's expensive sauces.

As you can see, this bottle is a little taller, and has a thin neck. That usually means it's 6 ounces instead of 5, and let me tell you, that extra ounce is a killer. I poured this stuff liberally into my soup at work. Into baked beans. Sank pizza into this sauce, and then still had some left. Thankfully this was weak sauce.

I know! I know I'm asking for it after last night's fiasco, but what's the harm in taking a shot of weak hot sauce? Like a drunk falling off the wagon, I'm back on the sauce.

No ill effects. Whew.


Tomorrow: How about another round of being a wimp.

Topics: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home