.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

September 03, 2005

Day 46: Crazy Jerry's Habanero Garlic

Full Title: "Crazy Jerry's Biker Trash D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce"

Thanks to Labor Day weekend, I've been away! But never fear, I mapped out and planned ahead exactly which hot sauces I'd eat on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I have to just come out and say that "Labor" day weekend was indeed laborious. I labored on the crapper all weekend long. Too much beer & hot sauce = hot air balloon! I should have cut my gas bill in half by puckering up and sitting on the gas cap making "Habanol" in lieu of Ethanol.

Friday started out great. A hot sauce I've never tried call Crazy Jerry' Biker Trash. I know I looked up that acronym 2 years ago, and I still forgot what it meant: DILLIGAF = "Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck?" This guy fits right in over here!

I had the perfect brunch for this hot sauce: 2 slices of cold pizza. Half a bottle lighter, we were packed up and on the road. For supper we stopped at a Taco John's, and relived old memories. The tacos weren't very high quality, but I was able to finish this sauce up without any problem.

The sauce tasted good. I was surprised to see that due to the greenish color, flavor, and consistency, this was indeed an original. It had plenty of habanero flavor, but was quite muted with the garlic flavor. The heat was a long, dull roar, and probably wouldn’t burn anyone who likes hot sauces. I'd suggest sticking with Italian cuisines instead of Mexican foods for this one due to the garlic. Vinegar content was very low. Very similar to El Yucateco XXXtra hot, except not nearly as hot or flavorful. (And thus more edible!)

I drank this shot early in the morning so I could get a picture. No camera on the road - no action shots. While drinking this shot, I was surprised how runny this sauce was. Nothing terrible, it's just that it looks a lot thicker than it is. However, this made it easier to swallow, and it didn't burn much at all. There's specks of black floating in this sauce. I wonder what they were, but then I remembered, DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A FUCK?


Other sauces by Crazy Jerry:

Crazy Jerry's Brain Damage Hot Sauce
Crazy Jerry's Mustard Gas Hot Sauce
Devil's Brew Garlic Hot Sauce
Orange Rush Mandarin Orange Hot Sauce

Tomorrow: Walkerswood Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce

Topics: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home