.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

August 28, 2005

Day 40: Uncle Dougie's Hab Mustard

Full Name: "Uncle Dougie's Bada-Boom! Habanero Mustard Hot Sauce"

I actually thought I was being a pussy today by going with this sauce. In my left hand was a sauce called, "Holy Shit". And in the other a Muuuuustard, of all things. After seeing on the internet that the Holy Shit was indeed a Holy Hell extract, and nasty tasting to boot, I went with the mustard.

How pleasantly surprised I was to be sweating & sniffing after only a few bites. This sauce is HOT. Damn, it even gave me the hiccups, and I only get that when a raw pepper sneaks up on me. (It's hard not to choke to death when hiccupping and shoveling food in at the same time)

When I ate breakfast, there were seeds and chunks of habaneros everywhere. I enthusiastically used my forked bread to scrape up every drop on that plate. Even though this has a mustard base, it put other habanero-carrot sauces to shame.


Here's a Humungo Breakfast that counts as lunch too. I took the rest of a loaf of hot pizza bread I picked up at a special corner market. 5-egg omelet sliced 3 layers high. Then 3/4th the bottle of the Habanero Mustard Hot Sauce. I was misguided in thinking I would pick this up like a normal sandwich. After a few near accidents, I just laid into it with a fork.

This is how to eat a hot dog. Smother Habanero Mustard sauce on it so deep, that you can't see it. Lit my eyes up on every bite. I can't recommend this sauce enough. I don't even care if they relabeled this sauce from somewhere else, because everyone should be relabeling this stuff. Boring mustards are so 1990. I'd like to show up in the Grey Poupon Mustard in a limo, and shoot a flame thrower out the window. That would be a great commercial.


Pardon me... but do you have any Grey Pou.... *SWOOOOSH*


Tomorrow: Not sure yet, too many plans.

Topics: , ,

5 Comments:

  • I want to send you a bottle of my favorite hot sauce for you to try...

    By Anonymous thakswet@gmail.com, at 2:36 PM, August 28, 2005  

  • Just mention what it is, I'll be sure to buy it.

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 9:09 AM, August 29, 2005  

  • Is this the hottest so far-or was it the CaJohn's? How does this one (or CaJohn's) compare to yuccateco hab xx?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM, August 29, 2005  

  • Whoops! No, this was not quite that hot. It's a only a contender in being #3 in heat so far during the Tour de Hot Sauce.

    Just got a little excited since it surprised me, being a no-name and a mustard hot sauce.

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 2:54 PM, August 29, 2005  

  • http://countrysbbq.com/ has the best mustard sauce I've ever had. Called "Backfire". Not mass produced and surprisingly good n hot.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home