.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

August 21, 2005

Day 33: Pyromania Hot Sauce

This sauce is made by Garden Row Foods, who are also responsible for Pure Cap and Endorphin Rush. Evil mothers, aren’t they?

”Wanna Play With Fire?”

I’ll admit, I couldn’t remember if this sauce was hot or not, so I brought a backup bottle of hot sauce with me when we went to the restaurant. I shouldn’t have worried. Even though the label on this sauce looks quite foreboding, it was really just a little pussy cat.

Thick as hell, this bottle needs some shaking to give up the goods. I had most of the bottle on some thick cut fries and a Cajun Chicken Sandwich. For supper, I put the rest of it on a slice of cold pizza. It’s thick, sticks to your food, and you can see practically every ingredient in monster chunk size versions.

This stuff kind of tastes like a hot relish gone sour & rotten. Not a very flattering description. The only thing that kept this sauce from being a puke fest was the heat. It was just hot enough to make it worth eating. I can only imagine how hot it might be to the Tabasco crowd.

Bottoms Up!
Now tell me what other sauce you can pile up like this? As you can see, this sauce is extremely thick & chunky. This is also the first shot of hot sauce I've done where I actually had to chew it before swallowing it! Ack!

However, the heat from this sauce gave an extremely pleasurable 3 minute burn.


Quite a wide, unrelated range of sauces put out by Garden Row Foods:

Brutal Bajan
Cafe Louisiana Hottr N' Hell
Endorphin Rush
Helen's Sweet & Hot
Hot N' Honey
Mongo Sauce
Tongues Of Fire
Pure Cap
Tres Hermanos


Tomorrow: Uncle Dougie's Habanero Chipotle

Topics: ,

3 Comments:

  • Check out my buddy's site, www.tastetheheatinc.com.

    They make their own hot sauces in a small town in Texas, and some of them are very good.

    I am a big fan of the .357 sauce, though I am sure it wont be hot enough for you, mr pyromania. it is however extremely flavorful and I enjoy it immensely.

    i sent my dad in NY a sampler, including "Texas in July". Dad replied "its hot.... its f'ing hot" :)

    By Blogger Chuck Williams, at 7:52 PM, August 21, 2005  

  • Thanks for the link. Hopefully I can get to them some day, and call your dad a whimp.

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 9:40 AM, August 22, 2005  

  • I didn't know they made tounges of fire. Endorphin Rush is pretty good. Tounges of fire was highly disappointing.

    By Blogger John S., at 5:19 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home