.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

August 10, 2005

Day 22: Smack My Ass

Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally Habanero Sauce.

I'm a little dyslexic, so I went and slapped my girlfriend, Sally, and she called me an ass! This sauce really does work!

Hilarious label idea, reminds me of that old song, "Boy named Sue". There's been a few label changes over the years, nothing much, just more color. But when looking around on the internet, I saw a site selling this sauce describing the handprint on the ass as a scratch off. I never noticed that on mine! I'll have to dig it out of the garbage and take a look.

For breakfast I had yet another egg sandwich with a little bit of this sauce (Little bit = 1/3). Surprised it's even a habanero sauce, tastes like normal red vinegar to me.

For lunch I went out to eat so that I could finish reading my book. Ordering a 12 inch veggie sub was has never been harder, but once I got the correct change back I sat down and poured sauce on the sandwich before each bite. There seemed to be a hint of metallic flavor in the aftertaste. Nothing I could really put my finger on, but there was something there.

For supper I had a left over hamburger and potato salad, which I poured the sauce on. Nothing exciting to report, except I wish the bottles were a little bit bigger.

Bottoms Up!
I braced myself for that unpleasant metal aftertaste when I took this shot. But I didn't taste any. I now realize that maybe the people at Subway poisoned the FOOD with metal shavings, trying to kill me for not allowing them to rip me off. So the shot wasn't as bad as I thought, but the quality of this red vinegar sauce is below par! Stick with Frank's, Red Devil, anything else... Great label, average flavor, no heat.


Tijuana Flats makes even more sauces... Today is the first I've heard of "Sweet Ass"...

Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally - Jalapeno
Smack My Sweet Ass and Call Me Sally
Smack My Ass - The Slap Heard Around the World

Tomorrow: Something different

Topics: ,

4 Comments:

  • I've thought about featuring a different bottle of chilli sauce every week, but not consuming> an entire bottle every day!

    Bravo! Altho' I'm still wincing for your digestive tract...

    By Anonymous AugustusGloop, at 5:35 PM, August 10, 2005  

  • I think you would be happy trying some of the Walker's Wood Jamaican sauces if you can find them. I didn't try to eat a bottle of it in a day, but I've been parsimoniously dribbling it on chicken and pork and hamburgers for a while now. It really good when grilling, though my family do not all appreciate the burn.

    If you feel like getting crazy, there's also Endorphin Rush (a little less hot than Dave's Insanity, but a little better tasting).

    But my other recommendation (maybe not for a single day's eating) is Blazing Inferno hot sauce. This was brought to work by a friend, who'd bought it in Barbados. I found myself buying fritos from a vending machine at absurd prices, just so I could coat them in this sauce (almost a paste). On late work nights, it kept me awake. Great stuff. But don't do a "rooster sauce challenge" with it unless you really mean it.

    Tim

    By Anonymous Tim Ottinger, at 7:35 PM, August 10, 2005  

  • You should order sauce from http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

    they're a rib joint here in town and they're nationally known. The first one was opened up here in Rochester, and two more have opened since.

    - Cheers

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:30 AM, August 11, 2005  

  • Augustus, you still should. You have a great site, with great pictures. I think it would make an excellent addition.

    Tim, thanks for the suggestions. I'll definately look them up, and am looking forward to trying the Blazing Inferno.

    By Blogger Smoking Tongue, at 7:31 AM, August 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home