.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Smoking Tongue

July 28, 2005

Day 9: Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce



Frank's Hot sauce is a huge favorite in this nation. I kind of wonder if it's because this is the sauce most people use when making chicken wings?

Lunch was great. I had a large hot dog, a cup of baked beans, and a cup of potato salad. Luckily, I didn't put any hot sauce on my potato salad. Coworkers would have had a field day with that one. I did, however, sink a large amount in the beans, and a scary amount in my hot dog.

One of the downsides of eating this much hot sauce is the smell. Especially when you're at a restaurant and ask for hot sauce, they usually bring back Tabasco. When you pour any decent size amount on your entree, there is a ball of gas that forms up from the vinegar, and it doesn't always go straight up. It's like a grenade... pull the pin... wait 3 seconds: "Oh my gawd! I can smell that from here!!" (Yes lady, but imagine the taste!)

Same thing today with Frank's. Even though we were eating outside, the smell wafted up to my nostrils. And it smelled SO DAMN GOOD! So Good. Delicious! Visions of bunnies running through pepper patches. Err, that's a movie, right? I'm seriously considering buying 10 gallon jugs of Frank's and taking a bath in it. I think we have a winner here. During this tour through the classic sauces this last 2 weeks, this is definitely the winner for me in the vinegar division.

Supper was grilled chicken, a brat, and macaroni cheese. I poured the rest of the bottle over the whole plate, and wish I had more. This was a good hot sauce day.

Tomorrow: Xtra Hot version.

Topics: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home